Current Size: 100%
The faith community has been the backbone of Habitat since its beginnings. Churches, synagogues and mosques provide volunteers, prayers and unprecedented support as we work together to eliminate poverty housing.
Habitat has something for every faith community. How can we help you achieve YOUR mission?
- Encourage generosity, while also showing tangible results quickly. There are hundreds of ways to bring people together to raise funds for Habitat. Check out the Building On Faith House that will break ground February 2015, and see what other faith communities are doing to raise funds.
- Build your team. Build days at our construction sites help build a stronger faith community.
- Get access to speakers and study materials that teach groups about the issue of poverty housing. We can also provide tours of Habitat neighborhoods to share stories about how decent housing improves health, provides educational opportunities and strengthens families.
- Get volunteers of all ages engaged that don't require lifting a hammer, but that are needed and appreciated, such as feeding volunteers at construction sites as part of our Lunch Ministry or working in our office.
- Get help with your stewardship efforts. We have some innovative ways to help you achieve your financial goals.
- Offer Holiday Cards to your membership. Each year, houses of faith offer Habitat honor cards to their members to support our mission. Click here to order.
- Offer a mission trip that will enable people to bear witness to issues of poverty. These life-changing experiences help people connect and deepen their relationships with God and with each other. Learn about upcoming trips.
- Putting faith into practice is your hope
- Making disciples is your goal
- Transforming lives and giving hope to families is your calling