Current Size: 100%
We love our volunteers! And we're looking for people just like you to join our team.
- Construction and office volunteers click here to sign up now.
- Want to learn more about other opportunities or to get a group involved at Habitat? Learn about individual volunteer opportunities or group volunteer opportunities. When you're ready to volunteer, contact Volunteer Services.
- Are you at least 16 years old and fulfilling a community service commitment for school? Are you fulfilling court-ordered community service? Review this information and contact the ReStore to see if you're eligible to complete service with Habitat Greensboro and to schedule shifts.
In 2011, more than 5,800 community members volunteered for Habitat Greensboro. Every volunteer makes a huge difference--join us!
- NEW Opportunity! Volunteer Paint Crew Leader: Enjoy painting? Not sure but willing to learn? Willing to lead others? If so, Habitat for Humanity needs your help. Please consider joining our team as a Volunteer Paint Crew Leader. No prior experience is necessary--our construction staff will offer on-the-job training. Once trained, you would agree to work one Saturday a month and be responsible for leading a team of volunteer painters without direct supervision of Habitat construction staff. Apply yourself or share the position with a friend. You must be at least 18 years old to apply. For additional information on becoming a Paint Crew Leader, please call 336.232-0132 or send us an email.
- Construction: Get some fresh air and exercise by volunteering to work at a construction site. No experience is necessary, just a desire to learn something new. Check out the calendar to see what opportunities are available and to sign up.
- Volunteer Host: Enjoy working with people? Consider serving as a Volunteer Host on a Saturday that’s convenient for you. From 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., you will set up the volunteer sign-in area, greet volunteers at the construction site, and help with volunteer registration and lunch set-up. Volunteer by yourself or with a friend!
- ReStore Volunteer: ReStore is our retail store that’s open to the public Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. We’re always looking for volunteers to help us stock shelves, serve as cashiers, make minor repairs to furniture and more. Learn more here.
- Weekday Crew Volunteer: Available to volunteer regularly on Wednesdays and/or Thursdays? Join our (very fun and talented) Weekday Crew to perform a variety of tasks from installing mailboxes to painting, from framing to building stairs. No experience is required. All you need is a desire to learn and lend a hand regularly.
- Administrative Volunteer: Looking for a way to use your office skills while making a difference? Join our team of office volunteers who serve in a variety of ways.
- Lunch Ministry: Want to help build a home without raising a hammer? Your group can volunteer on a Saturday to make and bring lunch to volunteers, homeowners and staff who are working at a Habitat construction site.
- Construction: Ready for a fun day of building? Please review these instructions for registering and signing up to volunteer. If you have already registered as a volunteer, you can go directly to the calendar. Have a group larger than 3 or 4 volunteers? Contact us to discuss opportunities that will best meet your needs.