Current Size: 100%
Think it’s impossible to purchase a home of your own? Think again.
You may be eligible for a 0% interest loan to purchase your own energy-efficient and easy-to-maintain Habitat home. Take these steps:
- If you think you meet Habitat’s purchasing requirements please complete and return this prescreening application.
- Learn more about owning a Habitat home. Read about all the advantages of purchasing a home through Habitat and check out the frequently asked questions to get details about the homes we build and the process.
- If you have additional questions about applying for a home, please contact Ramona at 336-232-0147.
You meet the requirements if you can say “yes” to all of the following statements:
- I live and/or work in Guilford County.
- I have a job history of one year and have worked in my current job for at least six months and/or receive other sources of income such government benefits, a Pension or Disability benefits.
- My current home or apartment has been in my name for at least one year.
- I do not qualify for a conventional loan.
- I agree to have a credit check.
- I will allow a background check and a home visit.
- I agree to complete 300 hours of Sweat Equity to build my home and/or the homes of other Habitat owners.
- My annual income meets Habitat’s current standards as shown below:
Family Income for 2012*
$20,267 - $28,650
You + 1
$20,267 - $32,700
You + 2
$20,267 - $36,825
You + 3
$20,267 - $40,875
You + 4
You + 5
$20,267 - $47,475
You + 6
$21,600 - $50,700
You + 7
$21,900 - $54,000
* Note: Income standards change on an annual basis as determined by HUD and will be updated as soon as the new information becomes available.
- We offer 0% financing. You pay no interest on your mortgage loan.
- You pay no down payment on your Habitat home. You do pay closing costs associated with purchasing a home.
- All mortgage payments are based on your monthly income. Your payment also includes taxes and insurance, which helps you meet your obligations and minimize surprise expenses.
- Our homeowner’s classes help you learn how to afford the costs of owning your own home and how to maintain it.